Welcome to Handball News



For all the latest news from British Handball plus news feeds from Handball Sites and Blogs around the world.

If you have a story for Handball News, please mail it to newsdesk@snowdons.co.uk or call 07866004382

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

GB Wingers Sign New Deals

TWO of Great Britain’s best wingers have moved clubs this month as their development into world-class handball players continues.

Holly Lam-Moores (pictured) has signed for top Danish club Sønderjyske after a string of impressive performance for her previous club.

And John Pearce, 23 and from Dorset, has moved to Norway to play for First Division side Lillestrom Topphandball.

20-year-old Lam-Moores from Warrington has been in great form for SK Aarhus, and caught the eye of the coach for Liga club Sønderjyske, who play further south close to the German border.

“When they offered me Liga handball, of course my answer was yes” said Holly. “Their left wing is out injured for eight months, so they needed me straight away.

“I am the only left wing there which means I’m playing 60 minutes in virtually every game which was my main reason for going. I wouldn't have gone if I had to be second choice as I was playing 60 minutes in my old club.”

Holly had a baptism of fire at Sønderjyske, with her debut match being against Champions League winners and Danish champions Viborg in the Nordea Cup semi final!

“I played for 60 minutes and scored three goals - it was a dream come true,” she added. “I found it hard to adjust in defence as the game is ten times faster at the level, but I found my way and ended up with a solid performance.

“This is a perfect opportunity for me to gain experience in the top league this close to the Olympics. It will be extremely tough and means I will have to lower my expectations, but throwing myself in at the deep could make me a better handball player.”

Meanwhile, Pearce has moved to Lillestrom Topphandball where he will line up against fellow GB players Ciaran Williams and Seb Prieto who play in the same league for Tistedal Halden.

“I’ve moved for the chance to play with a First Division team, as a lack of court time meant it was sensible to look for another option,” he said.

“The transfer was also delayed for injury reasons, having recovered from a broken foot and groin injury. But I’m glad to be here now and getting some good court time.”

No comments: