Welcome to Handball News



For all the latest news from British Handball plus news feeds from Handball Sites and Blogs around the world.

If you have a story for Handball News, please mail it to newsdesk@snowdons.co.uk or call 07866004382

Thursday, February 04, 2010

McCafferty Loves the Italian Job


LIFE in Italy is helping GB women’s team captain Lynn McCafferty improve her handball, with a different style of play and tough fitness regime paying dividends.

With her help, Brixen are second in the league and could still make the play-offs for a spot in the top flight. And from an international point of view, McCafferty is benefitting from improved fitness with regular sessions with a strength and conditioning coach being part of the regular regime for all the players at Brixen.

“Playing for Brixen is helping me experience different playing styles,” she said. “And I have the opportunity to play for 60 minutes so I am getting fit and trying to shoot more and gain some confidence.

“We also work with a strength and conditioning coach which is perfect, as when we are with GB it is important to be fit and conditioned.”

“Handball here in the Second League is a little bit different to what I am used to, and I have definitely taken my time to get used to it! But I do hope now that I am more aware of the culture, the style, the home and away 'rulings' and most importantly working with my team.”

1 comment:

53 said...

I guess my friend Ernani is doing a good job with her.